When you create a package, you are prompted to enter these values.
The following appear in various parts of your generated project.
- Your full name.
- Your email address.
- Your GitHub username.
- The name of your new Python package project. This is used in documentation, so spaces and any characters are fine here.
- The namespace of your Python package. This should be Python import-friendly. Typically, it is the slugified version of project_name.
- A 1-sentence description of what your Python package does.
- Your Python Package Index account username.
- The starting version number of the package.
The following package configuration options set up different features for your project.
- Whether to use pytest for testing.
- Whether to use PyPI deployment with Travis.
- Whether to add the PyUp badge in the README file.
- Whether to create a console script using Click. Console script entry point will match the project_slug. Options: [‘Click’, “No command-line interface”]
- Whether to create an AUTHORS.rst file.
- What license will be used for the package. Options: [“MIT license”, “BSD license”, “ISC license”, “Apache Software License 2.0”, “GNU General Public License v3”, “Not open source”]